3 December 2011

Suicidal Tendencies.

I woke up on Saturday morning to a suicide text from a friend. She wanted to fix all of her wrongs, she couldn't bear the pain and confusion that she lived with.

Her attempt was unsuccessful, she was found by a sibling and rushed to hospital, her system overdosing on angst and unprescribed medication.

She told me how annoyed she was at being found, at failing to end her own life. I stared at my phone for what seemed like a third of an eternity, trying to think of words that would help her, words that would express my deepening concern for a friend but everything felt false.

For most of the day I've sat in silence, grateful for her brother, thankful for doctors but lavished with worry for my friend, someone who is struggling to find a balanced horizon in her life.




- I write in order to avoid talking, for you see as a human, I suck at talking.

Location:Hmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment