11 December 2011

Parenting?

At present, I work with children, not adolescents but actual toddlers, humans who are more dreams than reality, who speak in growls and relish the feeling of sand between their stubby fingers. It's daunting to imagine that I one day, may be a parent, a vision that I entertain more frequently than in past years.

Working closely with parents and families provides valuable insights into the limitations of human parenting, how intentions are often left unfulfilled once the ceiling of abilities are hit, how an addiction to being a part of a society that is often too large and shrouded in insincerity, can rob a person of their natural resources and resilience. Despite this, I see something quite honourable and humbling about the notion of being a parent.

So, in anticipation of my earthly demise, or the moment my capacity for remembering the salient details of past thoughts erodes, I am starting a list of values/ideas I would talk to my children about. Like all heredity values, they are themes that have played starring roles in my thoughts and experiences but hopefully, once these things have been mastered in my own life, my mere existence alone may act as an example to the children I father.





- I write in order to avoid talking, for you see as a human, I suck at talking.

Location:Caversham Ave,,United Kingdom

No comments:

Post a Comment