1 November 2011

Reading




The Telegraph has been my newspaper of choice lately. The editorials are usually dense layers of confusion and adverbs but I find them informative. There was a pretty powerful piece this week about the ticking time-bomb that is Britain's personal debt, which is valued at £1.5 trillion - more than the country's GDP. You can read it here.

The Frankie Boyle romp 'Work! Consume! Die!' (yes there are that many exclamation marks) is very entertaining. He casts his bottomless cynicism and taboo humour over many a topical issue, while interspersing one of his own short stories. One fond memory I can recall, was when he commanded me to imagine Cheryl Cole as a judge at The Hague. His phonetic interpretation of her accent had me laughing out loud, much to the discomfort of the other passengers on the 41 bus.

The book about surviving a baby's first year was my Halloween spine-chiller. Learning about colic, bonding and the importance of adult time, sent me into a frenzied spiral I hadn't felt since watching Saw at the cinema. I'll return to it one day, I hope.


- I write in order to avoid talking, for you see as a human, I suck at talking.

Location:Staring into my iPhone.

No comments:

Post a Comment