2 September 2009

Conversations.


A small part of a larger conversation I had with myself.


..you still cling to an outdated model, if you hopped aboard "the now" you might be driving full throttle, silly kid, you better off spinning the bottle, instead, you tread in the past, what a predictable bobble..



..what do you mean "the now?" Man, forget those trends, you must be one of those cats who cultivates false friendships, sorry, I mean "cyber friends". "Change is the world's constant," blah blah blah, I get it, but surely the past is just as important yet the world loves to forget it...


...the past is important, I agree with you there, but to ignore modern advances, I ask is that fair? Next you will be telling me that you despise MP3's and that you question the necessity of Sky HD, that we should tune in the wireless to Radio 3, rather than download a podcast or play a CD...


...I rarely partake in modern trends, if I do its in the form of voyeurism, besides, a lot of these advances reek of pure hedonism, time saving? maybe, but its what we do with that excess time that concerns me...



...entertainment is everything, luxury is paramount that's why we consume over-stimulation in mass amounts. I hear your point old-timer and part of me agrees, but unless you have something that can rival my Blackberry, that can offer mankind amazing internet speeds, or can at least curb my habit of having my needs met instantly, I suggest you park your rear and take 2, plus 3...


...but is it necessary to be able to browse the web on your phone, can't your spam and junk mail not wait until you get home, must you be able to poke and tweet from wherever you roam? 2 plus 3 equals five, I'm impressed you knew that, rumour has it that your generation didn't master basic maths, maybe you calculated the answer on an iPhone app...

No comments:

Post a Comment