12 January 2012

Three things I've learned this week.

1) Gorging on anything will result in desensitization. Whether its an excess of information, material wealth or lightly salted Kettle Chips, a person will soon become numb to the rapturous euphoria they chase.

2) Attaching your pride to external events will almost always result in pain. I've recently rekindled my mind with the premise that external events are neither good or bad, that those terms only surface once my pride has been successfully attached and subsequently stroked or quashed by said events. It's a strange phenomena pride, yet without fully appreciating its fragility, we pin it to a wealth of uncontrollable chaotic affairs and pray they decorate it with stars not skidmarks.

3) Time heals nothing. It distracts, it entertains but it doesn't heal. Truthfully, I think time, as we humans perceive it, is part of a system of constructs we employ to validate and add a dimension of meaning to the little time we spend on this earth. But that's another blog post entirely.



- I write in order to avoid talking, for you see as a human, I suck at talking.



No comments:

Post a Comment