28 January 2013

In Some Time.

Feel like I haven't used my brain for some time. In fact, I'm pretty sure that the sum total of things held in my mind have all but depleted over the last few years, with the rate increasing as I now sidestep most TV and newspapers (already I'm confusing harnessing mind power with the mass storage of meaningless trivia - antics.)

I once felt great pride in having an opinion on things but of late my interest in most things dwindles above nonexistence. 

It's in these moments that I ask myself what I really knew, what I truly understood beyond the soundbites and strap-lines. Trawling through literature and editorials allowed me to have a vague opinion on something, opinions, which like a genteel smile or striking sense of style assist us when rallying through social setting but what did I actually know?  

At this point, I'm almost inclined to believe that what I know or think is hidden behind years of distractions and an inability to filter mass media. 






















- I write in order to avoid talking, for you see as a human, I suck at talking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment